Thursday, September 07, 2006

Storm Large has left the building!

















Ok...I admit it...I'm hooked on Rockstar Supernova. I watch it more because of Dave Navarro of the Panic Channel and the contestants than Supernova (composed of Tommy Lee, Jason Newsted & Gilby Clarke). Supernova have played a few songs off their new album and frankly, I have yet to be impressed. I found the originals by Lukas, Storm & especially Toby were much better and had a hook to them. Although Dilana has been suffering in the last few episodes and her song was not impressive for me, she is still a good pick for the band. At this point, I give it either to Dilana or Toby.

I enjoyed Storm Large and her style (today, the day after she gets the boot, her site is down because of too many visitor!). I have no doubt that she will do fine. You can catch her on YouTube and see her with her other band in skimpy costumes. I think she should go solo and use her name for marketing - it's good!

Others who have left us are Ryan Star which really showed some talent there in the end. I think he should go solo, release his song "Back of your car" on a CD entitled Dark Horse (a nickname given by Dave on the show).

As odd as Zayra was, and as bad a mismatch she was for the band, her original song "Lluvia De Mar" was really good. If you like Bjork, you will probably enjoy her solo stuff.

Since all these contestants have 15 minutes of fame, I would suggest put out music NOW. Sell from your personal web site your songs for $0.25 to $0.50 (What I think a song should sell for) and they will get volume of purchases (at that low price point). They can then go for a contract with a record company and say "Hey, I sold 10,000 songs on my website - imagine what I could do with a budget!".

So farewell Storm, I know we will see you again. Looking forward to seeing if Supernova will improve with the right performer! In the meantime, listen to "Why Cry" from The Panic Channel (they have it on their MySpace page).

No comments: