Monday, August 14, 2006

When the lights go out!

Losing power on Tuesday was a little funny. I happened to be cleaning up my basement, after the sewers decided to give back some of its contents in my junk room. Luckily, most things were on shelves, hence dry. But here I am, the smell of poops past, starting to clean up, when BAM...the lights go out.

Living in the country, you tend to notice the power outage a little more. I have a well...so no water. My BBQ is dead, and until we sell the horse...no Vermont Castings BBQ. No power, no water, no flushing, no BBQ. Luckily, I had just bought propane for a small camp stove, so that was at least something.

Living by a lake, I was able to wash up in a very strong stream of water that flows by my house.

We broke down and purchased a generator, on Friday (Big thanks to Dad for that gift!). Wouldn't you know it that the moment we were ready to start her up, the power came back. But next time...baby...bring it on.

Things to do when the power goes out:

Shadow puppets with a candle.
Battery hunting.
Stare at the TV and tell yourself that it is the best reality show you have seen in a while!
Count the bruises (from nightly runs to the bathroom).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you miss montreal? Had power all along...hehe