Thursday, May 11, 2006

Bombay Saphire...unplugged

I had a strange issue the other day. I bought my favorite gin - Bombay Saphire. Just the name makes it out to be some exotic trip. I unscrewed the cap, but was unable to put it back on tight! Now I love my Gin cold, so I store it in the freezer. It's the only way to make a perfect gin and juice. Since the cap will not fit tight, I don't want to have a gin skating rink inside my freezer. I had a leak with the last bottle I bought also. This really bugged me. I decided to email Bombay Saphire about it. Complain...complain...complain...send.

Not 1/2 hour later, I get an email asking for my phone number (and giving theirs as well) by an employee of Bacardi/Bombay. Now I have to say, I was surprised to say the least! Talk about customer service VIP style. I emailed back my number and a day later (he even apologized for not calling earlier) I got the call. We went over my problem. Unfortunately, I no longer had the bottle, but transferred the contents into a Masson Jar (Now that cap when frozen was impossible to remove...). They can track the batch by numbers on the bottles. To make a long story short, he told me he would contact the distributors for Quebec and let them know about my problem.

I just wanted to give Bombay Saphire some respect. This company is first class, just like their product. So the next time you order a gin & tonic or gin & juice...make it a Bombay & tonic or Bombay & juice.

Cheers.

No comments: